Saturday 5 January 2013

Tick Tock

So, again, I am leaving everything to the last minute.  Nothing new.  I do it all the time.  I still have not started "the project" and Muffin's bday is in 10 days!  I am hoping to have a little time alone next week as she is starting her college courses and so will not be here as much.  She does not live here but is here most evenings with Tee; not that I am complaining.  I am crazy about Muffin; she is a smart and talented young woman and gorgeous to boot - she was a Miss Toronto contestant a couple of years ago.  Anyway, I must get moving on it soon.  
I also had another project that I wanted to sew as well.  Our Christmas stockings are really lacking the Christmas spirit, what with being all ragged and torn up, so I was hoping to find some nice Christmas material after the new year on sale.  I have not been to the local fabric shop yet and I really need to go or else everything will be sold out.  I was thinking of a quilted fabric and maybe a nice furry trim.  Even a plain red fabric would do.  Then I can embroider the names on it.  
I must also confess that I have not been doing any time on my treadmill either; I know you are disappointed; me too!  I would like to get it moved upstairs again so that I can at least watch tv or a movie on my comp while walking.  It is soooooo boring just looking at the wall.  
PJ is still thinking about the whole retirement thing.  He waffles daily and is especially keen right now as his warehouse is almost empty and he is contemplating having to go to another warehouse, which does NOT appeal since he has been virtually running this one.  The company has several warehouses in relatively close proximity but only half are still union shops and PJ is a union member.  So his choices are limited.  But enough about that.
Poor Tee is looking at getting his wisdom teeth out, but I don't think he is too worried as he sees it as a week off work!  Silly boy.  
For those interested, the new job is going well.  I am feeling a bit more confident each time and some of the things are really coming second nature already.  Thank goodness.  And my boss is the best, so patient.  Who could ask for more?
Her Royal Highness, Princess Kitboo
Kitboo has been inside too much of late.  It has been cold and windy and we got quite a bit of snow, so she is hesitant to go outside and if she does, it is only for a few minutes.  Anyway, I think she has too much energy pent up from not patrolling the yard.  Her new fave thing to do is to sit at the top of the stairs to the basement and jump out at me as I pass the staircase.  She has done this a few times, little tart.  She also likes me to run after her and will tear around the family room into the dining room, out to the hall and down the stairs like a mad thing.  Then she will sit at the bottom of the stairs and meow to get my attention.  She is almost as spoiled as my kids.

Love from Lulu xxx

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the job is going well! I know exactly what you mean about loopy cats, mine refuses to go out if the floor is wet but today he had no choice - out he went!

    ReplyDelete